Share Collection of Inspirational Famous Quotes Mothers Day Quotes Quotes On Life Optimistic Quotes Life quotes Short Quotes
<< Fear Of Fear ..Dont Fear..
A Little About Thanksgiving For Those who Do Not Know.. >>
7 Simple Ways To Help The Earth
| Posted: 25. November 2010 13:15 |
1. Reducing consumption is the ultimate investment in a more beautiful future. The simplest actions, such as turning off unnecessary lamps, or not purchasing products with excessive packaging, can make a profound impact.
2. Recycling is a gift to the earth, but the process isn't always clear. If your area doesn't support a community recycling program, lobby for one. Local markets may offer bottle and can recycling, particularly in states that offer incentives in the form of deposit returns. Every effort, even when small, is valuable.
3. Sustain nature. Planting a tree, a shrub, or vegetable garden, or simply nurturing a potted plant results in the blessing of pure oxygen. The National Wildlife Federation encourages people to conserve in their own backyards by creating a natural backyard habitat that is home to wild animals as well as plants. You can even have your own garden certified as a backyard habitat.
4. The average amount of waste created by one person in one day can be measured in pounds. Organic waste such as landscaping clippings, fruit and vegetable rinds, and egg shells can be used to create a compost pile of natural fertilizer. If your neighborhood contains multiple gardens, you may be able to institute a composting program.
5. Don't be drawn in by the siren song of throwaway consumerism. Disposable products not only clutter landfills, but also end up on streets, in waterways, and on beaches. Reusable items are more durable than their disposable counterparts, and often more elegant. Compare a lovely fountain pen versus a ballpoint pen.
6. Develop your own ritual of thanking the earth. Perhaps every full moon or with the change of seasons do something special to honor her.
7. The earth is our lifeblood and there are many gestures of respect that we, in gratitude, can offer. Spread the word. Take the time to not only appreciate the multifaceted wonders of nature, but also to tell others that, with awareness and effort, those wonders will be waiting for the eager eyes of generations to come.
Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You
Thanks For Believing In Life and Me........
Parents are Here Always to help Us
Parents Always help their Children And keep on Giving Support to them Without any expectations
35 Simple Ways to Be Beautiful
“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” ~Sophia...
God is Always there to Help Us........
In a certain cotton factory, a notice was put up on the walls of the workroom. It read as follows: “...
comments powered by Disqus.
blog comments powered by
Subscribe in a reader
Include comments in search
The Irony Of Life
Gurbaksh Singh Chahal is victim of false case put forth on him by the San Francisco officials - Sadelok Newspaper
Happy Easter Quotes Easter Quotations
The Chahal Foundation
Happy Friendship Day Quotes Quotations And Sayings
Myth vs Reality of Organ Donation
4th OF July Happy Independence Day
Fourth Of July Independence Day 4th of July Famous Quotes
Fathers Day Gift Ideas
Fathers Day Quotes Pictures And Poems
Memorial Day Quotes
Good Friday Quotes And Sayings
International Women's Day Quotes and Small Quotations About Women's Day
I Love You Too..............
Republic Day India
You sin I Forgive.......
Nobody Can have a Perfect Day Everyday
Lotus Beautiful Flower with a message.....
The Thief and the Master....
The Monkey King
Follow this blog
Amazing Inspirational Optimistic Short Quotes
Feedjit Live Blog Stats