1. Don't take others too seriously. Try to understand that no one is perfect. If you feel that someone is being overtly critical then be frank and point it out to that person.
2. Accept the fact that you are made a certain way. If you aren't happy with your weight or looks, try and improve on it. But don't put your self down.
3. Don't try to blend in with others. Just because all the people in your group are wearing saris for a wedding, you don't have to do the same. Wear what you are comfortable in. If you are comfortable in your skin, you will exude a certain confidence that will make you attractive to others.
4. Don't put up with any kind of bullying. Whether it's in your college, work or home, make sure that you put forth your point of view firmly. It's great to adjust, but not at the cost of changing yourself drastically.
5. If you are happy with yourself, then you will be sure of your thoughts and beliefs. You may not follow the herd mentality, but at the same time, you won't end up being different just for the heck of it.
Lovely Thoughts for Lovely People Just Like You